The retro styled adventure touring jacket we have been waiting for!
Nearly all technical adventure touring jackets are modern looking garments, that well, look like motorcycle jackets, usually dictated by the fabrics they use to protect you from the elements and to keep you safe. Not anymore.....
ByCity have managed to design one that has more stylish retro looks, but without compromising on the technical fabrics and features you would expect from a modern styled jacket.
The Emirates jacket is constructed from stretch Cordura, with leather suede facings to the high impact areas of the shoulders and elbows and fitted with CE Level 2 Armour, for the ultimate abrasion and impact protection on the road. Finished with subtle high visibility flashes to the edges to keep you seen day or night, and CE Certified to AA standard for garments.
It comes with a Hipora waterproof membrane to keep you dry, removable thermal full sleeve liner to keep you warm, magnetically closed chest air inlet vents, that have a double gusset seal to keep the rain out, and exhaust through a huge rear flap closed with YKK aquazips, that can either be just unzipped, for level 1 venting, or completely folded down into a discreet pocket for maximum venting. The Emirates is truly designed for all weathers, not only will it keep you warm and dry crossing the tops of the Alps but will also keep you cool while traversing the depths of the desert.
For comfort, the Emirates has adjustment at the waist, neck, wrists and arms, stretch panels behind the arms, six large pockets on the front, with aqua zips, magnetic closure flaps and large zips pulls for use with gloves on. Two of which are side pockets designed for keeping your hands warm! The right arm has a clear card/ID pocket and the left a toll road coin/card pocket. With a huge waterproof lined document pocket on the rear, with magnetic closures.
On, the Emirates is very comfortable to wear, and makes riding effortless. The fabrics are comfortable and not rigid. Sizing, it is fairly standard, I am a 44" chest, 36" waist and the XL fits like a glove.
All in all, ByCity have designed a serious multi season adventure touring jacket, that looks stylish and retro, and not much like a motorcycle jacket! But packed with the technical features you have come to expect from jackets that are much more expensive.
- Made of stretch Cordura and highest quality leather.
- Reflective elements on the front and back.
- Includes ventilation on the front and back with waterproof closures.
- It includes seven exterior pockets (one of them for documentation) and two interior pockets.
- Adjustable on waist, arm, neck and wrist.
- Waterproof central zipper with YKK® double cursor.
- Magnetic front ventilation closure and gummed tongue-and-sor.
- Pocket for back protection.
- Detachable "Flexishock" protections on elbows and shoulders certified EN1621-1:2012 CE Level 2.
- Product approved for motorcycle CE EN17092-4:2018 Level AA.
- Available sizes:
- Man: XS – S – M – L – XL – XXL – 3XL – 4XL.
- Available colours: Black / Beige.